- The 4 Steps are how a customer gets in contact with you
- All the steps must be designed to work well with all the other steps
- The customer must get exactly what they are looking for at each step
The easiest way to be visible on Google is by paying Google
Cost Per Customer
We have a rough rule of thumb we use to give you an idea of the sort of returns you can expect.
Here are the assumptions we work with:
- Only 1 in 3 of the clicks on your ads are worth anything at all, the others are junk
- Only 1 in 3 of those clicks will become an enquiry
- Only 1 in 3 of those enquiries will turn into a customer
Taking the above figures we get 1 in 27 clicks turning into a customer.
If we take an average figure of R10.00 per click, that gives you a Cost Per Customer of R270.00. This is to get an actual paying customer in through the door.
Web marketing only works if you make at least R250.00 profit per customer
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou, American Poet
Things should be easy to use
The 4 Steps must smoothly flow from one to the next.
- Your ads must show for the right searches - if widgets are your business show up when someone searches widgets
- Your ads must target the SAME key phrases - don't show an ad for widgets in response to a search for doodads
- Your ads must get the right people to click while discouraging the wrong people - window shoppers cost you money
- Your landing page must continue the flow - a widget search should end at a widget page
- Contact must be quick and easy - preferably on the same landing page
Your customers experience must be smooth and satisfying
There is no substitute for the top position
Heat Map of Clicks on Google Results